January 13 Online Registration Opens at 6:00am
March 14 Last Day for Early Registration Pricing
March 14 Deadline to apply for camperships
May 31 Final payments due
June 1 Auto Payment on any accounts with a balance.
*Updates for Summer 2017*
• NEW! Buddy Program
We are offering a Buddy Program for girls who want to bring a friend with them to camp. Girls who bring a buddy to camp for the same session they are enrolled in, can receive $30 in Trading Post Pesos! Their “buddy” will receive $10 in Trading Post Pesos. (Disclaimer: Buddies must be new to camp and not have attended camp the previous year, or earlier in the season.)
• Trading Post will still be open on check in and checkout days, but girls will now have a chance to shop during their week as well! Campers may bring their own money to spend in the Trading Post, or relatives can purchase Trading Post Pesos as a gift for girls. Pesos are good for the whole summer in any of our Trading Posts, and may be used after resident camp in one of our shops. Pesos are a great gift option for relatives living far away, to give to their favorite camper. We still offer Gift Certificates as well, which can also be given by relatives to offset the cost of summer camp or purchasing supplies.
*Auto Payment Collection*
Please note, if you registered through our online system, you consented to an Auto Billing Authorization. By submitting a payment method, the card/account holder accepted that Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont Council will automatically bill the card/account used for payment in the amount of the current balance on June 1 of the current year.
- There is a $30 out of council fee, for any campers that are not current members of Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont, Hornet’s Nest Council or NC Coastal Pines.
- There is a $50 Non-Girl Scout fee, for any camper that is not a currently registered Girl Scout in any council.
- Non-registered girls will have the option to register as Girl Scouts for $15, or pay a non-Scout fee of $50. Registering as a Girl Scout means you will have access to all of the programs offered throughout the year, and you will be the first to hear about camp next year.
- There is a $15 change session fee, if you have a change to your registration after your registration has been processed.
Girls will have many opportunities to make new friends during their time at camp, and coming on their own is always an exciting adventure. However, some girls prefer to attend with a close friend. Two girls wishing to attend camp as buddies must provide that information in their registration. Space is provided to indicate one friend’s name, and both buddies must request each other. We cannot accommodate more than one buddy combination per girl. Cabin/tent assignments will be honored for one buddy only.
• Early registrations (received or postmarked by March 14th, 2017) will receive a $50 discount per week long or longer resident camp sessions.
• Campers who qualify for the Early Bird camp incentive will receive a $10 coupon they can apply to their 2017 bill.
• Cookie Dough may be used to help pay for Day or Resident camp programs.
*Registration and Payments*
• Please be sure to check over your program choices carefully before finishing the registration process. Costs are based on the programs you choose and any fee adjustments will be based on your choices as well. It is up to you to be sure the programs you choose are the ones you want. If you have any questions about a program or pre-requisites, please contact either the Camping Services Manager or the Director of the individual camp.
• Non-registered girls will have the option to register as Girl Scouts for $15, or pay a non-Scout fee of $50. Registering as a Girl Scout means you will have access to all of the programs offered throughout the year, and you will be the first to hear about camp next year.
• You may pay for the total program cost at the time of registration, or just the non-refundable $50 deposit; whichever works best for your family. We do not have specified payment plans, but you are welcome to log back into your account at any time and make payments prior to the May 31 payment deadline.
• Final payments for camp programs are due by May 31st. Any unpaid accounts will go through an automatic bill pay process. If payment is not successfully collected during the automatic payment the registration will be cancelled and no refund will be made. Please keep that date in mind.
• Camp Extras such as a Care Package or Trading Post Pesos are available as extras for your camper. We encourage you to purchase these extras before arriving at camp for check in. Please contact email@example.com with questions or for assistance.
• Since we have extended our camp week to run from Sunday to Saturday, we are no longer able to offer the Session Extender or Stay Over Program.
• Due to the work involved in changing a camper’s session, there is a $15/session change fee, unless the council has to cancel a program and a camper changes sessions as a result.
*Cancellations and Refunds*
• If attendance in a session is cancelled by the camper or family, the deposit is retained. If the council must cancel a program, the deposit is refunded or may be transferred to another program. Deposits are not transferable to another camper, other than a sibling.
• If the council cancels a program due to low enrollment, a full refund will be issued, including the $50 deposit. Full refunds are also made for girls who cannot be placed in one of their choices and choose not to accept a different session. Deposits are not refunded for any registration changes other than these two.
• In the case of a camper’s illness, a refund, less the deposit may be made if cancellation is submitted prior to the first day of their session. A doctor’s statement of camper’s inability to participate in camp must be submitted with a written request from the parent/guardian. The request must be submitted no later than 2 weeks after the start of the missed session.
• No refunds will be made within four weeks of a session’s start except for medical reasons as indicated previously.
• No refunds are given for campers who choose to leave sessions early or who are asked to leave due to behavior issues.
• We want every girl to be able to attend camp regardless of their financial situation. Camperships are available to currently registered Girl Scouts in Peaks to Piedmont Council, who have participated in either the QSP or Cookie program this year. The Campership form must be submitted at the time of registration. The campership form is listed on our website in the forms and resources section.
• Campership forms received after March 14 will not be accepted
• Families will receive a letter via email by the first week in April, letting them know the status of the scholarship application. Families will need to sign the acceptance letter and return within 10 business days to receive the scholarship funding.
• Campers will only be considered for financial assistance for one session of camp.
• Girls will be required to submit a letter to council by September 15th, following their summer camp session, telling the scholarship committee about their experience at camp. If a girl fails to submit this letter, she will not be eligible for a campership the following summer.
*Confirmation Packets/Health History Forms/Waivers*
• Confirmation packets are automatically emailed to families at the time of registration. Included in that email will be links to your important documents (confirmation information with packing list, health forms, etc). Should you need to access those forms, but are unable to find the email, please visit: http://www.camplikeagirl.org/camp-forms-resources
• This year, you will have the ability to complete your campers health history form online. Be sure to open the form, Save As a copy to your computer, edit with your campers information, save again, and then upload the form to your campers online profile. If you need assistance, please contact us at, firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-274-8491 X3109.
• NEW – we are no longer requiring complete immunization histories for each camper. We DO require documentation/dates of the most recent Tetanus vaccination.
• Some of our camp programs that have off-site trips will require a vendor specific waiver. As those sessions approach, camp will send out an email specifically to those participants. These forms will need to be brought with you to check in in order for your camper to participate in the offsite activity.
• Gift Certificates
o To Purchase – please visit one of our store, or on our online shop
o To Redeem – please send the original to: Camping Services Manager, 8818 W. Market St, Colfax NC 27235. Once received, we will be able to apply the gift certificate to your camp balance, and you will receive an email confirming the payment.
• Trading Post Pesos
o Trading Post Pesos are a form of gift card that families can purchase through one of our council store, or on our online shop. The pesos act like money for the camp trading post during a girl’s session. She can spend the pesos in either the Trading Post or council shops up until September 30th, 2017. Just like real money, if the pesos are lost, we cannot replace them.
• Care Packages
o We have revamped and updated our Camp Care Packages this year! We now have two versions available for families to order. One for younger girls, and the other for older campers. You can order them during the registration process. The Care packages are $30 each, and will be delivered to your camper the first or second full day of their camp stay. You have the option to include a note with the package as well. Each package has several items useful at camp, as well as a couple fun options.
Photos coming soon!
• E-Camps (for resident campers only)
o By adding this option to your account, you will have access to a private photo site. You will be able to view photos, download them to your computer or other devices for free, or purchase prints or other photo memorabilia. You will also be able to send one-way emails to your camper.
*Coming to Camp*
• What to pack
o Please see page 4 of the confirmation packet.
• Arrival and departure times
o Check-in is on the first day of the session from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
o Check-out is on the last day of the session, with the parent program beginning at 9:00 a.m.
o Please remember all check-in/out procedures differ at each of our locations due to their layout and staffing, so please respect each camp’s rules.
• Telephone and Electronics Policy
o Cell phones and other communication devices are not allowed at camp. Having these devices on camp can create a lot of home sickness and issues in the units amongst girls. Camp is an opportunity for girls to be unplugged and become an active member of our camp community. Additionally the environments at camp are not suitable for the safe storage of these devices.
o Campers are not allowed to receive or make phone calls while at camp.
o If there is a problem or if your camper is not adjusting well, a Camp Administrator will contact you.
o We know not speaking with your camper can be very hard. If you have any special circumstances, please call camp a week before your camper attends so you and the Camp Director can make plans on how to manage it.
o At check-in, your camper will be screened for lice/nits. Campers will not be allowed to stay if they have lice/nits and parents/guardians are responsible for treatments. No refunds are given for campers who are unable to attend camp due to lice/nits. Girls may return to camp after receiving treatment at home, and if they are found to be lice/nit fee, may then join camp.