Outdoor Trainings

Before a troop can stay overnight at our resident camps, an adult with the troop must have an Overnight License. The Overnight License is earned by completing the two online Be Safe, Be Ready courses (Outings and Overnights and Girl Planning).

  • In order to build a fire and cook marshmallows or a meal, a Cook Out License is required. Earn it by first holding an Overnight License and then attending the Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking courses.

  • Troops planning to pitch and sleep in tents OR to camp at a non-council facility will need a Camp License. Requirements are that you hold Overnight and Cook Out Licenses and complete the Tenting skills course.

  • For more information on these courses, as well as when they’re scheduled, please visit the online calendar.

Any day or overnight trip to a camp property requires that an adult with current CPR and First Aid must accompany the troop. Additionally, the size of the Camporee itself might require a Level II First Aider be on-site. Consult the Safety Activity Checkpoints and be sure that copies of all certifications are on-site during the trip.